State sponsored deforestation was totally stopped by 1993 in East Godavari Kondareddy tribes habitat
- Forcing the closure of wood based industry
- TRIBALS TREK TO SAVE GODAVARI DELTA FORESTS
- MARKING AND FELLING RULES
- Letters - CENTRE FOR ECOLOGICAL SCIENCES, INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE, BANGLORE - 560012.
- A.P.High Court ruled that the government of India permission is mandatory to fell the trees in the forest -- much before the Supreme Court taken up the matter in T.N.Godavarman case. Order in W.P.M.P. No.6021 of 1995.
SAKTI was a member of expert committee to define forests:
- GPL continuing efforts to fell the forests - MINUTES OF THE MEETING ON RE-OPENING OF GODAVARI PLYWOODS LTD..
- letter to the Dist Collector, Kakinada from Sri S D.Mukherji.l.F.S.,Prl.Chief Conservator of Forests,Aranya Bhavan, A.P.Hyderabad. Sub: Forest Department - Supply of timber to M/s.Godavari Plywood Ltd.,- Reg.
- CHECKING FELLING OF PRIVATE FORESTS
- THE REPORT OF THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR
- GO SPELLS DOOM TO FORESTS
- GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH ENERGY FOREST ENVIRONMENT SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT, MEMO.NO.20940/For.III/90-I, Dated: 20-08-1990. Sub:- A.P.Forest Act. 1967 - Amendment issued to Sec.28 B and 28 of Chapter III-A of the Act. - Amendment to G.O.Ms.No.210, Energy Forests Environment Science & Technology Department, Dt.20-07-1988 - orders - stayed.
- Govt vacates stay on felling trees
- State Govt helping timber ‘smuggler’?
- HC stays felling of trees in Chintalpudi forest
- AP VERDICT FAVOURS ENVIRONMENTALISTS
- Forest Laws in Andhra Pradesh
- MINING OF NON-TRIBALS CANCELLED, GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH, REVENUE (ASSIGN.III) DEPARTMENTMemo No.769/Assign.III9i) 90 Dated: 25-01-1990.
- MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD BY THE CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT ON 27-10-89 AT 3.30 P.M., IN THE CHAMBERS OF THE CHIEF SECRETARY ANDHRA PRADESH.
- MINING LEASES TO NON-TRIBALS SACROSANCT- Indian Express – November 11, 1990
- Mining in forest land State ‘violates’ Central rules- Indian Express dated 17-03-1993
- IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE : ANDHRA PRADESH ,AT HYDERABAD, 26-03-1993, PRESENT: : THE HON'BLE MR.JUSTICE SUBHASHAN REDDY W.P.M.P. NO.4786/1993.
- HC INVALIDATES MINING LEASES - The Hindu Saturday August 28 1993
- Mining operations in Burra Grm Panchayat stayed - The Hindu, August 28-1993.
- Forest Laws in Andhra Pradesh- by K.Lakshmi Narasimha, Advocate, High Court of A.P.,ALTR Publications - 1996.